November 2011 Newsletter
Holiday Prep is in Full Swing!
Looking for some handy preparedness items that double as great stocking stuffers? Look no further as our
Christmas Wish List
features stocking suggestions that actually fulfil a purpose!
You can also check out our Christmas Wish List for gift ideas designed to fit every budget!
Christmas Product Sale - Harvest 72’ Food Rotation Shelf
- Save $85
Please remember that during the Holiday Season our stock moves extra quickly. Order early to avoid disappointment. We will do our best to fulfill all orders.
The official cut-off announced by Canada Post for guaranteed delivery before Christmas is December 15, 2011.
Nov 9, 2011 - Briden on CBC
We were interviewed by CBC a few weeks back for a story on ‘Preppers’. Erin Collins of the CBC was excited to learn about who we are, what we are doing, and why. I think he went away with some very positive insights on emergency preparedness.
Curious how to actually put your Food Storage to use?
Check out the NEW Thrive Spotlight Recipe Videos added for November!
Each month new videos will be added
Recipe of the Month - Oatmeal Pancake Mix
It's hard to think that the classic pancake can be improved upon, but this recipe might just make you a believer!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Shelf Reliance
- 4 c thrive quick oats
- 2 c thrive white flour
- 2 c thrive whole wheat flour
- 1 c thrive brown sugar
- 1 c thrive instant milk powder
- 3 T thrive baking powder
- 2 T cinnamon
- 5 t thrive iodized salt
- 1⁄2 t cream of tartar
- to make pancakes:
- 2 thrive whole eggs, prepared
- 1⁄3 c canola oil
* To create mix, mix together all dry ingredients. Store in a sealed gallon-size plastic storage bag or airtight container.
To make pancakes:
* Beat 2 large eggs in a large bowl. Gradually beat in 1/3 c canola oil.
* Add 2 cups pancake mix and 1 cup water to mixture; blend well. Continue adding pancake mix and water, with a 2:1 ratio, until you have a sufficient amount of batter.
* Preheat and spray griddle with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 c batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form around the edges; flip and continue to cook until done.